Dr. van Eeden grew up in Southern California and from a young age, veterinary medicine became a lifelong dream that never went away. She originally wanted to do equine medicine, but later realized she could have the best of both worlds by working with dogs and cats and spending free time with the horses.
She received her undergraduate degree at Cornell while running track and field and then graduated with a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine in 2014 from Western University of Health Sciences. She completed a rotating Small Animal Medicine and Surgery internship at VCA Aurora in Illinois prior to a specialty internal medicine internship at Animal Specialty Group in Los Angeles. She then moved to Columbia, Missouri to complete a three-year residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine at the University of Missouri. After her residency she joined the team here at CVRC!
Dr. van Eeden is particularly interested in respiratory diseases, GI disease and scoping procedures. When she is not at the hospital, she enjoys spending time outside with her husband and small herd of animals including horses, two dogs and a cat. She loves traveling, soccer, running and being by the water.
Education / Experience:
|2019-Present||Internal Medicine Specialist - Charleston Veterinary Referral Center|
|2016-2019||Residency - Small Animal Internal Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO|
|2015-2016||Internal Medicine Specialty Intern - Animal Specialty Group, Los Angeles, CA|
|2014-2015||Small Animal Rotating Internship - VCA Aurora & Berwyn, Aurora, IL|
|2010-2014||Doctor of Veterinary Medicine - Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA|
|2006-2010||Bachelor of Science - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY|
"Urinary microbiome DNA Forensic Extraction Pilot study" – ongoing data collection
"Urinary microbiome before, during and after short-term antibiotic therapy" – ongoing data collection
2015 Pulse Article: Development of disseminated intravascular coagulation and multiple organ dysfunction in a dog secondary to severe heat stroke as a result of drug intoxication. 'Ingestion of methamphetamine in a dog results in hyperthermia and resultant DIC and MODS, which required intensive and aggressive in-hospital therapy and management.' December 2015.