CVRC is excited to announce that we now offer shockwave therapy for your pets!
How it Works
A shock wave is a high energy, focused sound wave that stimulates cells and releases healing growth factors in the body for the following benefits:
- Reduce inflammation and swelling
- Increase blood flow
- Help bones form and heal, and enhance wound healing
These sound waves release higher energy and result in deeper penetration by traveling through soft tissue at different depths to a specific treatment area and begin healing.
- Reducing the need for pharmaceuticals
- Minimal to no side effects
- Short treatment times (less than 10 minutes depending on area being targeted)
- Covered by most small animal insurance plans
Shockwave therapy is backed by 15 plus years of scientific evidence in both human and veterinary medicine for several indications including:
- Osteoarthritis/Degenerative Joint Disease
- Back/Neck Pain
- Tendon/Muscle/Ligament Injuries
- Wound Healing
- Post-Operative Pain/Recovery
If your pet is living with one of these conditions, ask your primary care veterinarian for a referral to CVRC, or call us for more information: 843.614.8387.