June 11, 2020
Beginning Thursday, June 11 2020, Charleston Veterinary Referral Center will be offering limited access into the hospital for pet owners. This involves the option to enter the building as well as direct escort into an exam room or to our front desk. All pet owners will be accompanied by a CVRC team member.
This is an initial step towards a less restrictive environment as South Carolina has begun to reopen and lessen COVID-19 related restrictions.
Our goal is to allow direct interaction with your pet’s doctor during the initial visit, while minimizing overall occupancy in the hospital and limit the amount of time you spend waiting in an exam room.
We will be offering new consultations and initial ER visits an opportunity for entry, while rechecks, suture removals, rehab appointments, chemo visits, etc. will primarily remain curbside.
- Upon arriving at CVRC, please call to let us know you are here: 843.614.8387
- Anyone entering CVRC must wear a mask (children under 2-years-of-age are exempt)
- The waiting room will continue to be CLOSED at this time to be mindful of occupancy limitations.
- Check-in/Checkout are marked with floor stickers to designate where pet owners should stand.
- Exam room entry is optional, not required. Pet owners may still elect to have curbside care.
- Anyone entering the hospital will be screened in advance to assess potential COVID-19 risk.
- A maximum of 2 people per pet may enter the hospital at a time.
- Visitation is possible for patients undergoing non-elective procedures
- Visitors must be screened and wear masks
- No more than 2 visitors per patient
- 2 visits per patient per day, 10 minutes each
For Pet Owners Electing Curbside Care:
- Pet owners are asked to remain in their vehicles and to text or call us upon arrival.
- Our staff will meet you outside (or interact via phone).
- We will conduct a brief COVID-19 screening to assess potential pet exposure risk.
- Paperwork, using DocuSign, and financial transactions will occur via phone, via email, or online.
- Our team will come to your vehicle to get your pet and bring him/her into the hospital.
- CVRC doctors will examine your pet and then contact you by phone to discuss findings and treatment recommendations.
- Upon completion of the visit, a team member will return your pet to your vehicle.
- On the overnights, pets may be able to be brought into the lobby when appropriate and with permission.
Our Continued Safety Protocols Include:
- Increasing the frequency of our cleaning practice in addition to the rigid cleaning and disinfecting protocols we already have in place.
- Limited visitation of hospitalized patients. This will require approval at doctor discretion.
- Instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and contact their doctor.
- Asking pet owners who are feeling ill to please call us before traveling to the hospital so we can either reschedule the appointment, or in the case of an emergency, provide information on what to do upon arrival at the hospital.
Please bear with us as we implement these new procedures. We appreciate your patience!
We apologize for any inconvenience and greatly value your continued trust and understanding during these uncertain times.
If you have any questions regarding these policies or need extra assistance, you are welcome to contact the CVRC team 24 hours a day at 843.614.8387.
We are dedicated to continuing our service to pets, pet owners, and the community! #EssentialBusiness
Michael Parks, LVT Sophy A. Jesty, DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology, LAIM)
Hospital Director Medical Director