Updated Limited Access Plan: May 2021
Charleston Veterinary Referral Center continues to gradually move toward more in-person and in-hospital client interactions and is trying to make accommodations for more efficient and effective pet owner interactions while being aware of the current state of COVID.
- The waiting room is now open in a limited capacity for discharges only.
- The reception area is now open for the ease of financial transactions.
- Urgent Care/Emergency visits will remain curbside, with the exception of critical cases who may enter the building.
- 1 Client Family (2 adults) may be permitted into an exam room at one time for most specialty visits.
- Clients who are uncomfortable entering the building may continue to request full curbside service. Please let a team member know your preference.
- Fully-vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a mask.
- We recommend that those who are not fully vaccinated continue to wear a mask.
- We will be following a policy of RESPECT for the concerns of others in our hospital environment – if you are wearing a mask, our team will do the same when interacting with you, and we ask that you reciprocate.
- Upon arrival, please continue to ‘check-in’ via curbside by calling/texting the hospital and notifying the front desk of your parking space number.
- Pet owners who opt for an in-person visit will be escorted inside and to an exam room by a technician.
- Exam room entry is optional and not required. Pet owners may still elect to have curbside care.
- Anyone entering the hospital will be screened in advance to assess potential COVID-19 risk.
- A maximum of 2 people per pet may enter the hospital at a time.
- With doctor approval, visitation is possible for patients undergoing non-elective procedures
- No more than 2 visitors per patient
- 2 visits per patient per day, 10 minutes each
- Pet owners are welcome to enter the building to use the restrooms.
- Self-serve coffee and water stations are available for your enjoyment.
- An outdoor port-a-potty will continue to be available.
Our Continued Safety Protocols Include:
- Increasing the frequency of our cleaning practice in addition to the rigid cleaning and disinfecting protocols we already have in place.
- Limited visitation of hospitalized patients. This will require approval at doctor discretion.
- Instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and contact their doctor.
- Asking pet owners who are feeling ill to please call us before traveling to the hospital so we can either reschedule the appointment, or in the case of an emergency, provide information on what to do upon arrival at the hospital.
Please bear with us as we continue to implement new procedures. We appreciate your patience and greatly value your continued trust and understanding.
If you have any questions regarding these policies or need extra assistance, you are welcome to contact the CVRC team 24 hours a day at 843.614.8387.
We are dedicated to continuing our service to pets, pet owners, and the community.
Michael Parks, LVT Sophy A. Jesty, DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology, LAIM)
Hospital Director Medical Director