March 17, 2020
Dear Pet Family:
At Charleston Veterinary Referral Center, the health and well-being of your pet and family are our top priority. As the situation around coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure you that we plan to continue our normal emergency and specialty care hours.
We are taking additional steps to help keep patients, clients, and employees healthy and safe, including:
- Implementing a Limited Access Policy which suspends usage of our waiting area and gives restricted access to our building. This entails the following:
- Pet owners are asked to remain in their vehicles and to text or call us upon arrival.
- Our staff will meet you outside (or interact via phone).
- We will conduct a brief COVID-19 screening to assess potential pet exposure risk.
- Whenever possible, all paperwork and financial transactions will occur via phone, at the vehicle, or via email.
- On the overnights, pets may be able to be brought into the lobby when appropriate and with permission.
- Increasing the frequency of our cleaning practice in addition to the rigid cleaning and disinfecting protocols we already have in place.
- Suspending visitation with the exception of critical patients and extenuating circumstances. These will require approval at doctor discretion.
- Instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and contact their doctor.
- Asking pet owners who are feeling ill to please call us before traveling to the hospital so we can either reschedule the appointment, or in the case of an emergency, provide information on what to do upon arrival at the hospital.
We are closely monitoring the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and local authorities (South Carolina Department of Health & Environmental Control) regarding the spread of the virus to ensure that the actions we are taking are comprehensive and appropriate.
Please bear with us as these new steps will have impacts on efficiency and will be a departure from what those of you who have been here before are used to. We appreciate your patience!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the CVRC team at (843) 614-8387.
We apologize for any inconvenience and greatly appreciate your continued trust and understanding during these uncertain times.
Michael Parks, LVT Sophy A. Jesty, DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology, LAIM)
Hospital Director Medical Director